This short course will provide an understanding of the normal functioning of the body, disease processes and conditions that impact on health risk.
- Normal functioning of the body systems and related common diseases and impairments.
- Appropriate health care services including investigations and treatment.
- The main tariff codes, important rules and modifiers.
- Overview of the medical schemes act and how it relates to benefits.
- The entitlement to prescribed minimum benefits for important conditions related to each body system.
- The role of protocols and formularies in the management of risk.
- The importance of coordinated care.
Who will benefit?
- Case managers
- Disease managers
- Wellness coaches
- Claims assessors
- Cardiovascular system
- Respiratory system
- Reproductive system
- Digestive system
- Urinary system
- Musculo-skeletal system
- Psychological and psychiatric conditions
- Endocrine system
- Nervous system
- RPL codes, rules and modifiers
- Prescribed minimum benefits
- The medical schemes act
- Introduction to managed care
This is offered as a flexible in-house programme with a choice of modules and face-to-face facilitation.
Can be delivered as an accredited skills programme towards either the medical claims assessing or long-term risk assessment qualification.
Contact us on email@example.com for more information.