In terms of the Financial Sector Conduct Authority Board Notice 194 of 2017 class of business training is a requirement for key individuals, FSPs and representatives, other than those deemed to have completed it. This training is for health services benefits (medical scheme products).
This course is beneficial for people working for medical schemes, medical scheme administrators and managed care companies.
This course covers:
- A brief overview of the healthcare market
- How medical schemes are structured and how they operate
- What the prescribed minimum benefits are
- What underwriting medical schemes are allowed to apply
- What managed care is, and what the legislation says about how managed care should be practised
- Medical scheme financial soundness
- Criteria for evaluating medical scheme performance
- The process for complaint resolution
- Tax implications for medical expenses
If you have completed our healthcare skills programme within the last two years, will credit you with the class of business training.
Class of business training can be delivered as:
- Customised, two day course. Contact us to enquire.
- Online programme. Download the registration form.
The requirement for a recognised qualification remains unchanged. We offer the accredited wealth management level 5 qualification, that is recognised by the FSCA.
This online course carries verifiable CPD points accredited by FPI.
|COB Category||Health Services Benefits|
|Description||Class of Business - Health Services Benefits Topic Risk Management | Tax Planning | Ethics & PS|
|Date Earned||March 2019 till February 2020|
|Points allocated||14 CPD Points/hours (12 CPD hours-Knowledge; 1 CPD hour for Ethics and Practice Standards and 1 CPD Hour for successfully competing the assessment)|
|FPI Approval No||FPI19030017|
FSPs are cautioned to ensure that they do not abuse the COB training by simply letting everyone complete this training (whether they need it or not) simply because it is a quick and easy way of meeting the CPD hour requirement. They will have to show why this particular CPD was appropriate for every representative and will have to conduct a skills gap analysis to ensure that they are addressing a skills gap, and not simply using a tick-box exercise to meet the minimum competency requirements.